Use this easy to follow pattern and tutorial to make a 12″ x 14.5″ banner as a foundation for appliqué, embroidery, or stitchery projects.
Banners are a great foundation for appliqué, embroidery, and stitchery projects. They are simple to make and super easy to display. This banner is a go-to foundation design for me and a great basic pattern to have in your pattern library.
Scallop Edge Banner details:
- Read more about my inspiration and process for this pattern on my blog: Scallop Edge Banner Blog Post.
- Finished size: 12″ wide x 14.5″ high. Large enough to accommodate an 8″ – 10″ block or design
- Finished banner fits 12″ x 14″ Ackfeld Wire Stands (linked below) or any 12″ wide wooden dowel or split bottom hanger. You can adjust the rod pocket to accommodate a thicker dowel or hanger.
- The pattern is suitable for both wool and cotton appliqué.
- Pattern includes step-by-step instructions with photos, a full supply list, and pattern pages.
- Suitable for many fabric types including cotton prints, quilted fabrics, and wool (as shown).
- This pattern is a pdf. Click on the “download” link in your email receipt to download.