Button Block: 4” Appliqué Alphabet
I love what I call a “pantry staple”. I call any design or pattern that I can use again and again a pantry staple. Pantry staples are all about versatility. Banners, bowl fillers, pillows, pincushions… no matter the project, this mighty little hand-drawn alphabet mixes in and adds just the right touch!
The Button Block Appliqué Alphabet has character and style that isn’t too fancy or too plain. Use the solid shape of the letter for cotton or wool appliqué. Use the outline of the letter for embroidery. The wide body provides a generous space to fill with buttons, embellishments, or decorative stitches. (Note: this is not a commercial or free font, it is a hand-drawn alphabet that I have designed with hand-cutting in mind.)
Button Block Pattern Details:
- Read more about my inspiration and process for this pattern on my blog: Button Block Alphabet Blog Post.
- The pattern is suitable for both wool and cotton appliqué.
- All letters are 4″ tall and range from 3 1/2″ to 3 3/4″ wide.
- Use the solid letter shape for appliqué.
- Use the outline of the letter shape for embroidery.
- Pattern includes nine pattern pages, 7 of which are alphabet pattern pages.
- This pattern is a pdf. Click on the “download” link in your email receipt to download.
Supplies shown in the sample photos:
- Wool and Floss: Weeks Dye Works
- Buttons and Pins: Just Another Button Company
- Trims: Lady Dot Creates