Afterlight Flight Wool Appliqué Pattern | moon light’s butterflies.
Each month I design a wool appliqué project to coordinate with the Just Another Button Company Button Lover’s Club: Words with Buttons box. When I saw the buttons for the September 2018 Dream Box I knew immediately what to create. The button collection included a handmade clay moth button that I immediately fell in love with. I designed this appliqué pattern in its honor.
The fabric and wool upper wings are tacked so that they curl and hover over the lower wings as if this beauty is in mid-flight. Multiple layers and a mix of fabrics add texture. Button embellishments add a touch of fun. A hidden bit of wire adds shape to the antennae.
So much fun and detail in a quick to stitch project!
This pattern is suitable for both wool appliqué or cotton appliqué.
- This pattern is available as a free download for 1 month after its release. After 10/23/18 it will increase to $5. Members of select Facebook Groups have FREE access to this pattern indefinitely. Locate the patterns in the group files of the following Facebook Groups: Handmade Heartfelt Facebook Group, Button Lover’s Club Facebook Group, and Wool Appliqué Love.
- Read more about my inspiration and process for this pattern on my blog: Afterlight Flight 3D Moth Wool Appliqué Pattern.
- The finished moth fits in an 8″ wood embroidery hoop.
- The pattern is suitable for both wool and cotton appliqué.
- Pattern includes step-by-step instructions with photos, a full supply list, and pattern pages.
- This pattern is a pdf. Click on the “download” link in your email receipt to download.