A while back I did a series of posts that featured one of my flower dies each week. Somehow my post featuring my Pom Pom Posies dies never went live! How did I not notice? Better late than never I guess! Today I am finally sharing this post with you featuring this flower set that includes the leaves I use for all of my flowers.
I die cut the flowers from crinoline and colored them using Distress Inks and Stains. I assembled the flowers using floral wire, tape, and stamens the same way I have shown in the tutorials listed in my millinery gallery.
I placed small blue pearl beads on thin paddle wire, I twisted the wire to make it like a stem. I drizzled Mushroom Alcohol Ink on each pearl randomly to add a bit of age. After the ink was dry, I grouped the stem pearls together and twisted the wire stems together.
I stacked multiple layers of the flowers together mixing the different sizes. I poked a hole through the center and placed the cluster of beads through the hole.
I also created a few smaller flowers with a single layer of the small flower. I used a few glittered flower stamens for the centers. I used assorted vintage flower stamens from my stash. Check out eBay and Etsy for them, they are easy to find. You can also find them in white in the cake decorating sections of craft stores. You can color them easily with inks.
To see how to wire the leaves like I did here, check out my Pick Me Art Tag tutorial.
For the display at the show, I created a small flag with the flower die name on a Frayed Tabs die cut. I used a vintage hat pin as the post for the flag. The stamps are one of my long time favorites, Printers Type from Hero Arts (linked in the supply list below).