Happy Saturday friends! I am stopping in today with another post sharing some of the fabric flowers I created for CHA (the craft industry trade show) back in January where my products were launched. This set includes a variety of flowers made using my Pinwheel Posies die set.
This set is a fun one because it includes three different shapes that are really unique. Like my other flower dies, the shapes were inspired by vintage millinery flowers in my personal collection. The flowers in this collection are really designed to be used in layers of the same flowers. While you could mix and match them, they are designed as three separate flowers, not parts of one design.
For the display at the show, I created a small flag with the flower die name on a Frayed Tabs die cut. I used a vintage hat pin as the post for the flag. The stamps are one of my long time favorites, Printers Type from Hero Arts (linked in the supply list below).
I die cut the flowers from crinoline and colored them using Distress Inks and Stains. I assembled the flowers using floral wire, tape, and stamens the same way I have shown in the tutorials listed in my millinery gallery. I used the leaves from my Pom Pom Posies die.
I used assorted vintage flower stamens from my stash. Check out eBay and Etsy for them, they are easy to find. You can also find them in white in the cake decorating sections of craft stores. You can color them easily with inks.
To display the flowers, I placed a piece of styrofoam inside a small faux-stone pot. I found a pink vintage kitchen canister tin that was the perfect size for holding the pot. As it turns out, the cute pink canister matched pieces that a friend had, so I was able to gift the tin to her after the show. I love that it was perfect in my display and then could be perfect in her kitchen!