Every so often I go digging through my files of project photos and discover things I have never shared. I recently discovered several projects that I made for CHA in January that I never shared! In my defense, I made a ton of projects and didn’t want to flood you all with them before my products were actually in stores. I also have dealt with some chronic health issues this year that have affected the amount of time I spend creating and at the computer. Many of my full blog tutorials take about 15-20 hours of work (sometimes more). I love creating them, but honestly, I haven’t felt well enough many weeks to do them. I have tried to offer inspiration in more simple ways instead. Bite sized inspiration that I can manage on bad days. I know many of you have missed the big tutorials, but I hope you love simple inspiration too. 😉
So with all that said, I thought I would work on sharing some of these unblogged projects each Saturday. Since many are flowers, I can simply share a link to previous flower tutorials and a few details. Easy for me, and hopefully inspiring for you!
At CHA I wanted to display several different flowers that could be made with my new flower dies. I displayed each grouping of flowers in a vintage jar or bottle. I added a name tag created with a Frayed Tab wrapped around a vintage hat pin.
I found this jar while junking in Arizona with my friend Debi. I love how simple things can take you back instantly. My great-grandma was known as Honey. It wasn’t her real name, but all who knew her called her that going all the way back to when my dad first called her Honey as a toddler. I remember visiting her house in the country and having honey on toast and biscuits. As a kid, I thought honey was named for her. The jars of honey she had were just like the one I found in the antique store. What a thrill to get to find and use something that reminded me so much of her in my display at the show.I created this group of flowers using the Frayed Posies die. I used the leaves from my Pom Pom posies set. The fabric is crinoline. I colored it using Distress Inks and Stains. I used assorted vintage flower stamens from my stash. Check out eBay and Etsy for them, they are easy to find. You can also find them in white in the cake decorating sections of craft stores. You can color them easily with inks. To assemble the flowers, check out the flower making tutorials I in the “millinery” gallery.
I filled all the jars with things like buttons and beads to help hide the bottoms of the stems and to keep everything in place. I have a weakness for vintage mother of pearl buttons and have jars full of them. I filled my honey jar with a few of them. Just a few. 😉