Happy Saturday Friends! I am back with another dose of fabric flower show and tell! Today I am sharing a cluster of flowers I made for display at CHA that features flowers made from my Floweret Posies die.
I love this little trio of jars. I used a tall rusty bottle, a dirty medium size bottle, and a short ink bottle. I used some glue dots to hold them together in a cluster and wrapped twine around them to make them look tied together. Along with the flowers, I added some vintage paint brushes to the bottles. I also labeled the cluster with the die name using a Frayed Tab wrapped around a hat pin.
I die cut these flowers from crinoline and colored them using Distress Inks and Stains. I assembled the flowers using floral wire, tape, and stamens the same way I have shown in the tutorials listed in my millinery gallery. I used the leaves from my Pom Pom Posies die.
I lightly brushed the tips of these flowers with Picket Fence Distress Paint to add a highlight to the edges the petals. I love the way it brightens them!
I used assorted vintage flower stamens from my stash. Check out eBay and Etsy for them, they are easy to find. You can also find them in white in the cake decorating sections of craft stores. You can color them easily with inks.
I love the way the large flower on the die layers together to look like a wild rose. It is such a simple flower to make and oh so very pretty!